Easy retrofits using open protocols
DMTouch is ideally suited for retrofits. One DMTouch can replace multiple front-end devices in one facility that are needed to control different aspects of the HVACR system. Using just one front-end device for the entire HVACR infrastructure provides complete visibility of the system and allows to streamline operating efficiency.
DMTouch can be integrated into an existing controls network because it is based on open protocols, such as XML, BACnet, Modbus, and Web Services, allowing it to communicate with third-party control devices. Third-party integration minimises installation costs and product waste since control devices only need to be replaced when needed. It helps businesses keep costs down and reduce their carbon footprint to support their net zero strategies.
Energy-saving refrigeration control and monitoring features
A range of energy-saving control and monitoring features are available for DMTouch reduce energy use of the refrigeration equipment. Energy-saving DMTouch control features include:
- Pack optimisation - adjusts the target pressure of the pack in response to valve openings to reduce energy use
- Condenser TD - monitors the condenser temperature differential which allows gauging the efficiency of multiple condensers, reports warnings or alarms, and notifies early if systems are not operating efficiently
- Trim heater control - adjusts trim heaters based on temperature and humidity rather than a time schedule to reduce power consumption
- Defrost warning – alerts users when consecutive defrost cycles have terminated due to time instead of temperature which highlights energy waste and potential problems requiring maintenance
- Temperature performance indicator – monitors the performance of refrigerated cabinets or cold stores and alerts users of inefficiently performing equipment, providing a predictive maintenance solution by identifying potentially costly faults early
- Night blinds check – generates an alarm if night blinds have not been deployed which would increase energy use
DMTouch also provides consumption statistics of water, gas, and electricity use. Based on the consumption data, it also predicts budgets provides warnings and displays trends. It provides businesses with user-friendly statistics that can be incorporated in their energy management and net zero strategies.
Temperature monitoring and HACCP compliance
DMTouch also monitors and records temperature data from refrigerated cabinets and cold storage. Data is captured as often as every 15 seconds and stored on the device for up to five years, helping businesses comply with HACCP and other food safety regulations.
We believe that our solutions are built to the best standards, which is why we offer a five-year warranty. DMTouch is covered under the five-year warranty as standard, giving businesses the peace of mind that they have a robust control and monitoring system front-end.
Find out more here: www.resourcedm.com/control-system-head-end-dmtouch