The ACR News Awards will take place on the evening of 24 January 2018.
An industry vote selected the top contestants for the voted for categories, while a panel of independent experts decided the finalists for the judged categories.
The winners will be announced at the hotly anticipated awards ceremony taking place on 24 January 2018 at 155 Bishopsgate, London.
This year has seen the industry voting in their hundreds over a five week period. Members of the sector have made their voices heard loud and clear, with more votes cast than ever before, reflecting how the Awards is growing year on year.
The ACR News Awards judging panel deliberated over the entries for Air Conditioning Product of the Year, Ancillary Air Conditioning Product, Ancillary Refrigeration Product, Apprentice of the Year, Environmental Project, Refrigeration Product of the Year and the Alan Moor Award on 15 November.
The judging panel was chaired by Lynn Sencicle, editor of ACR News magazine, and included Roger Borer of the Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA), David Bostock of Integral UK, Martyn Cooper of the Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA), Krystyna Dawson of the Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA), Richard Merritt ofthe Building Engineering Services Association (BESA) and Mike Nankivell of the Heat Pump Association (HPA).
Organiser Datateam Business Media has now announced the finalists for the ACR News Awards 2018:
Air Conditioning product of the Year:
- Daikin Applied UK – EWWD-VZ Inverter Cooled Chiller
- Daikin UK – Sky Air A Series
- Klima-Therm, Geoclima – Circlemiser
- LG Electronic – Multi VS Heat Recovery
- Mitsubishi Electric Hydronics & IT Cooling Systems S.P.A (Climaveneta) – i-FX-QZ
- Samsung – AR9500M
- Toshiba Air Conditioning – Toshia SHRM-e Three-Pipe Heat Recovery VRF System
Ancillary Air Conditioning product of the Year:
- Advanced Engineering Ltd – Vertex- Adaptive Universal Coil Cleaner
- Aspen Pumps – Storm Green XL
- Daikin Applied UK – Daikin on site
- Daikin UK – Auto Cleaning Duct Accessory
- Swegon – Wise
- Toshiba Air Conditioning – LD2 Total Refrigerant Detection and Protection System
Ancillary Refrigeration Product of the Year:
- Gel Clear Ltd – Gel-Clear QP24
- H Gunter UK Ltd – Gunter Masterpanel
Apprentice of the Year:
- Tom Bottomley – GB Air Control
- Jack Culhane – Gelidus
- Conor Green – Stulz UK
- Thomas McDermott – TRS Cooling
- Ryan Roberts – Spheretech Air Conditioning
- Stephen Taylor – Kooltech
Environmental Project of the Year:
- Dawsonrentals and Chemours – First commercial implementation of Very Low GWP HFO blend refrigerant at Park Cakes
- Panasonic Heating & Cooling – Marina Village Greystones
Online Initiative of the Year:
- First Choice Group – First Choice Group App
- Mitsubishi Electric – The Hub
Refrigeration Product of the Year:
- Bitzer – Bitzer Ecoline + CO2 compressor range
- ebm-papst – EC pump motor in Cornelius’ eco Flo Smart Pump System
- H Gunter UK Ltd – Adiabatic Gas Cooler with HydroPad system for transcritical CO2 booster systems
- Pastorfrigor GB – Genova Ecovision MCT
- SANHUA International Europe S.L. – SANHUA Microchannel Heat exhanges (MCHE)
Service Engineer of the Year:
- Chris Bailie – BL Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Tobie Mitchell – Swegon Group
Wholesaler/Distributor of the Year:
- First Choice Group
- Fixxy Ltd
- Hawco Limited
- Smith Brothers Stores Ltd
- TF Solutions
- Thermofrost Cryo
The winner of the Alan Moor Award will be announced at the Awards ceremony.
Your host for the evening
The 2018 Awards gala will be hosted by 'Have I Got News For You' and 'Just A Minute' regular, Miles Jupp. Known for his acute awareness of his privileged upbringing, Miles’s onstage persona combines urbane, upper-crust manners with an admonishment of the everyday frustrations associated with banks, politicians, computer support and married life. Mr Jupp is also a firm favourite with Radio 4 listeners and is the new host of Radio 4 institution 'The News Quiz'.
Securing a spot at the ACR News Awards is the ideal opportunity to see Mr Jupp live, while spending an evening networking with the industry and celebrating with colleagues and friends. Furthermore, attendees will be able to spend the day at The HVAC & Refrigeration Show, which offers an opportunity to browse the latest products and solutions in the market, before making the short journey over to the Awards ceremony in the evening.
Tickets are available to book online at www.acrnewsawards.com/tickets
Gain invaluable brand exposure
Sponsoring the ACR News Awards is a brilliant opportunity to align your brand with a highly acclaimed industry event. Reach the ideal audience through exclusive brand exposure via both pre-event marketing and on-the-night coverage.
For further information on the bespoke sponsorship packages available, contact Steve Bennion on 01622 699102 or email email@example.com