Forward-thinking, environmentally friendly and efficient
The CyberCool WaterTec is a water-cooled chiller that combines all the relevant factors: the design is compact and maintenance friendly, the Turbocor technology is optimized for partial loads, and, in a forward-thinking manner, refrigerant quantities are minimized with the simultaneous use of a refrigerant that has a very low global warming potential.
CyberCool WaterTec at a glance
- Water-cooled chiller
- Cooling capacity from 350 to 1,400 kW
- Available in 5 different sizes
- Partial load-optimized Turbocor technology
- ErP 2021 ready
Refrigerant quantities are significantly reduced, thanks to innovative spray evaporator technology
- Uses refrigerant R1234ze, which has a very low global warming potential
- Easy to integrate and maintain
- Contains partial load optimized Turbocor technology, for increased efficiency
- Operates with minimal noise and vibration
- Operating costs are minimal through the Free Cooling module (option)
- Optimal cooling generation for
- mission-critical applications
Whether high-performance computing, data centers, industrial facilities or entire buildings, CyberCool WaterTec is well-suited for all of your mission-critical applications. The installation process is straightforward, thanks to its compact design, even when installation occurs in the vicinity of consumers. Devising bespoke solutions and adding extra features are commonplace for STULZ, and this ensures that we can meet our customers’ every need and reduce any safety risk, however small.
Advantages for cooling data centers
- High-performance and reliable cooling for data centers of any size
- Partial load optimization and Free Cooling module (option) ensure energy efficiency all-year round
- Automatic transfer switch (option) and quick-start function guarantee maximum operational reliability
- Integration and maintenance are hassle-free thanks to its compact design and easy dismantlement
- Advantages for process and industrial cooling
- Advantages for building cooling
- Up to 70 % less refrigerant
The CyberCool WaterTec is equipped as standard with the innovative spray evaporator technology. It enables the unit to operate with up to 70 % less refrigerant compared to flooded evaporators with the same level of efficiency. This not only helps the environment, but also makes a positive and noticeable difference to procurement costs.
Refrigerant R1234ze has very low global warming potential
The CyberCool WaterTec runs on the environment-friendly refrigerant R1234ze as standard. The HFO refrigerant has a very low global warming potential and is well-suited as a future-proof and efficient alternative to traditional HFC-based refrigerants. This is STULZ’s sustainable solution to the refrigerant shortage which was triggered by the (EU) regulation number 517/2014.
Installing and replacing chillers is usually associated with a lot of hassle and high costs. In order to relieve the customer when integrating the new unit, STULZ have attached great importance to the compact design of the CyberCool WaterTec. As a result, we are often able to integrate the unit in a pre-assembled state.
Easy to dismantle
The entire design of the CyberCool WaterTec makes life easier for the user – and not just because it takes up minimal space. Its modular design makes the unit very easy to dismantle into separate components, if required. Even the frame, which must adhere to the highest stability requirements, can be easily dismantled. As a result, the CyberCool WaterTec does not require any effort when being installed, even in difficult conditions, and is always easy to service. And if there is the option to fit it to the wall, the switch gear cabinet is equipped with hooks at the back.
Partial load mode improves efficiency
Depending on the size of the unit, the CyberCool WaterTec is equipped with between 1-4 Turbocor compressors, for partial load-optimized operation. The compressors run with magnetic bearings, which means the system is completely oil-free. The efficient technology works without any friction losses and reduces operating costs.
Option: Free Cooling module
With the Free Cooling module, the CyberCool WaterTec uses the outdoor temperature, which offers the greatest potential savings, especially in cold and temperate local climates. The Free Cooling module is easy to integrate and to connect to the piping by means of a Victaulic coupling. The switch gear cabinet of the unit – which includes the SEC.blue controller – ensures optimum switching operation and control, as well as seamless communication with the CyberCool WaterTec.
Control and monitoring
- Up-to-date hardware, state-of-the-art software
- The software is adapted to each project and ensures a high level of connectivity and flexibility
- Intelligent switch operation and control of partial load mode
- Several chillers can be operated in parallel across machines
- Option: Control of external components, such as pumps, valves, and heat exchanger equipment