The Real Alternatives 4 Life project is supported by national leads in 12 different European countries (shown in green).
The e-learning platform is a free tool which focuses on safety, efficiency, reliability and containment of low GWP alternative refrigerants – carbon dioxide, ammonia, hydrocarbon and low flammables (HFOs and R32).
There are nine learning modules, which cover:
- Introduction to Alternative Refrigerants - safety, efficiency, reliability and good practice demonstrations
- Safety and risk assessment
- System design using alternative refrigerants
- Containment and leak detection of alternative refrigerants
- Maintenance and repair of alternative refrigerant systems
- Retrofitting existing systems
- Checklist of legal obligations when working with alternative refrigerants
- Measuring the financial and environmental impact of leakage
- Tools and guidance for conducting site survey
The new platform has also been updated to include demonstration videos covering both flammables and carbon dioxide principles.
To support the e-learning programme, the Real Alternatives 4 Life team is organising ‘train the trainer’ events from March to June 2019 across Europe.
With a focus on flammables and carbon dioxide, these events will provide trainers with a practical introduction to the Real Alternatives 4 Life programme which includes assessments and certification, as well as information about how to set up and market Real Alternatives training events. This will lead to a network of over 100 licenced training providers in alternative refrigerants throughout Europe.
The Real Alternatives 4 Life project is supported by national leads in 12 different European countries: Spain, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Poland, UK, Romania, Turkey, Croatia, Portugal, Slovakia and Czech Republic.
To find out more about how you could deliver Real Alternatives training, visit www.realalternatives.eu/training-providers to get in touch with your national lead.