Belfast-based Aircon Sales and Service, which designs, supplies, installs and maintains various air conditioning solutions, recently installed a combination of Panasonic GHP VRF 3-pipe, 2-pipe and Split Hi Wall type units to heat and cool the 130,000 sq ft, three storey property at the Concentrix Call Centre in Belfast.
The installation at Concentrix was a very complex and challenging project due to the building’s design and lack of available electrical supply to the site. In addition to the nature of Concentrix’s business, which requires a significant power load for the operations of the building, including lighting, computers and servers, the property also needed to provide comfortable conditions for the 1500 employees on site.
The team at Aircon’s contracts department, headed up by manager Stephen McGarry, worked closely with consultant Beattie Flannigan and mechanical contractor, Harvey Group, to deliver the best possible solution that site conditions would allow. Ian McFerran, Aircon’s managing director, explained: “Quality underpins our entire delivery model, with professionalism and attention to detail being the primary focus. Coupled with competitive and cost-effective pricing, the overall package we deliver sets us apart from other market players.”
Due to the design of the building which features low ceiling heights on each floor, the team devised a solution based on a larger quantity of indoor units operating at lower capacities. Not only that, the Panasonic DX gas-fired system provides close to 1.2MW of cooling, using between 20kW and 25kW of electrical input, thus efficiently providing optimum cooling for the building whilst only drawing a minimal load from the buildings electrical power supply.
The equipment specified included the following:
- 13 Panasonic GHP gas heat pump 3-pipe outdoor units
- 5 Panasonic GHP 2-pipe VRF outdoor units to service AHU DX Systems
- 155 Panasonic VRF cassette indoor units to serve all call centre and meeting room areas
- 19 Panasonic Split Hi Wall systems to serve various small UPS and comms rooms
- Panasonic centralised and full Modbus BMS control
- Panasonic Air Off Control employed in all call centre areas to provide a very high sensible heat ratio of over 90 percent
- All indoor units were sized to meet duties at medium to low fan speeds
This project benefits from a sophisticated, high performance solution which is cost-effective, energy efficient and 100 percent reliable.
The team involved worked collectively to supply, design and deliver the perfect solution which saw a seamless installation and subsequent commissioning.
For more information, visit www.aircon.panasonic.eu.